Skip to main content

MUST READ - Answered Prayers! Above & Beyond what we can imagine or think!!

Sometimes when we pray, God’s answer is to wait a while longer.  Other times His answer is immediate and is more than what we ask for…today is one of those days!! Overnight - God has provided more than what I had hoped to dream for – at this time we are able to purchase over 60 BEDS and climbing!!!

When I left that compound in February, my heart was broken the need was so great – much bigger than me!!  As I prayed, all I could think of was how can we provide some dignity and hope to these precious people. Couldn't we at least provide some beds? When speaking with the leaders of Great Hope Charities we came up with a number for that compound - 30 to 40 beds. But obviously God had different plans – greater plans!  Of course that shouldn’t surprise me. He sees much more than those living in the compound that I wrote about… where ever one turns in Korah, the need is overwhelming and I believe His heart breaks for each person living there. I believe His plans for His people in Korah are above and beyond what we could imagine or think!  

“…YOU WILL CALL, AND THE LORD WILL ANSWER; YOU WILL CRY FOR HELP, AND HE WILL SAY: HERE AM I.” Isaiah 58:9a

This morning, God has answered our prayers and as I read this same verse in context - it is incredible! I just have to share it with you:

“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter – when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?  Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say; Here am I. “If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.  The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets and Dwellings.” Isaiah 58: 6-12

Wow! There is so much packed into these verses – for Korah and for us!  Yes, extreme poverty is a huge and overwhelming problem in Korah, but I am reminded OUR GOD IS BIGGER and in Him, WE CAN make a difference…. one person at a time!

To read more about some of the conditions in Korah and the elderly lepers who are living there, please read yesterday’s post ‘We’re Over Half Way There with the Beds!’


Comments